Thursday, April 12, 2012

ToT - Day Two

Day two! Whoop.

 Today is a Thursday which means I had a 30 minute run. I had every intention of waking up at 7:15 and running this morning - until I looked at the weather when I woke up and it was 37 degrees. I'm sorry. I'm from Georgia, and 37 degrees in April does not compute. Truth be told, there is a treadmill in my basement, but I realized at that point that running meant showering and not running meant sleeping in. Not a hard choice for me when I knew I had time to run this evening.

 Confession: This is not truly the first running day I have had in this little endeavor. I ran Tuesday. However, it was a trial to see if I could run the whole 30 minutes without any IT pain. It was a success, so here we are.

 My Tuesday run, I'm not going to lie, flat-out sucked. I had run ONCE since the Disney Marathon (January 8) and I certainly could feel it. I'm taking it super, super slowly this time to preserve all of the work I've been doing to strengthen my leg. As in starting all the way back at a 30 second run/ 30 second walk interval instead of the 3 minute run/ 1 minute walk I was doing at marathon time. I plan to use that ratio for this week and next week and then I'll bump up to 1min/1min and go gradually from there.

 The good news about today... MY RUN DIDN'T SUCK. I attribute this to the fact that my body realizes we are going to be running again and is planning accordingly. Well, that and the fact that I was running on the treadmill so the evil forces of pollen were thwarted today. I am incredibly ready for the pollen to get the heck out.

 Alright, back to my run - I warmed up 5 minutes, ran with my ratio for 25 minutes, and cooled down for 5 minutes. I felt great the whole time and I was so grateful.

 Bonus: thanks to my sister I have discovered the sock bun. Oh my goodness... MAGIC, people! My hair is super long and has gotten pretty heavy as it has gotten longer (duh). It really has been a pain trying to figure out how to keep it secure while I run. The only thing that has held well is french braids, but I don't always want to run with those. Enter the sock bun. God's gift to runners with long hair. I threw my hair into one today and, lo and behold, at the end of my run it was still in tact! Brilliant!

On that note, I'm signing off.
Go put your hair in a sock bun... For real.

82 days until the Peachtree! 
169 days until the 10-miler!

No comments:

Post a Comment