Thursday, April 19, 2012

ToT - Day Eight

I'm excited to write this post as a non-liar today. I did, in fact, run today. All 30 minutes. It was a tough run both physically and mentally. My legs were unhappy from Brazil Butt Lift yesterday (never again with the Bum Bum... only the one with leg exercises and no cardio... sculpt something or other?) and I was running right before dinner, so I kept wanting to quit to go eat. My mind sounded something like this the whole run- "I can stop with 5 minutes left." "No you can't, keep going." "I can walk the last 3 minutes." "Oh really? Are you going to do this in the marathon, too? The Peachtree? The 10 miler? Suck it up." It was hilarious and exhausting all at the same time.

Good news! My sister registered for the 10 miler today!!! I now have a traveling companion and a race buddy. She's pretty much the best option ever because she loves Disney nearly as much as I do. We haven't had a trip together in awhile and I'm really excited to share this with her. Plus, I still owe her a meal at Casey's or Earl of Sandwich (her choice) as her reward for trouncing me in fantasy baseball last season.

Now I'm off to let my sunless tanner continue to dry. Oh, the things we do not to look like dead people in taupe dresses...

75 days til the Peachtree!
162 days til the 10 miler!

No comments:

Post a Comment