Saturday, April 14, 2012

ToT - Day Four

I can say without a doubt that I do not enjoy many feelings more than I enjoy the feeling after a great run. I managed to sneak in my 3 miles (and this post!) and I'm so glad that I did. It was just one of those runs where everything is working just the way it should. I felt strong the whole time. My favorite part of it is part that I am still enjoying - that feeling your muscles have after they work hard. I'm not sore by any means, but I have that great, just-worked-out feeling.

I stuck with my 30 second walk/run ratio the whole time (after a 5 minute warm-up). While the old me would be annoyed that it took me 45 minutes to run 3.02 miles, I'm glad that at this point in time I can focus on how awesome I feel right now and the fact that I ran the entire time pain free. Score! The last time I hit 3 miles my IT band certainly let me know that it did not appreciate me ignoring its need to be cared for. I definitely now appreciate the quality of my mileage over the quantity.

Time to slip back into the rest of my evening.

80 days until the Peachtree!
167 days until the 10 miler!

No comments:

Post a Comment