Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 5

Today was my first official long run day. I ran 4 miles, and it was wonderful. I felt great the whole time, which is awesome. I used the same run 20 seconds, walk 40 seconds pattern that I used Thursday. It was ridiculously hot for the second half of my run, though, because I didn't wake up early enough. Lesson learned.

I've been doing yoga in the morning and at night every day, even on Sundays which are my off days. It has really made a difference in keeping my muscles from feeling tight and alleviating the frequent back pain that stress causes me.

I also realized that one of the Krogers near my house (the fancier of the two) sells Clif Shot Bloks. This was a fabulous discovery as this is my race refueling tool of choice and the Kroger is only like 5 minutes away. Bam.

I would have preferred to run in the cooler evening air, but I'm going to a wedding tonight. Probably for the best, though. My body needs to get used to running in the morning anyway.

21 days until the 5K
90 days until the Half Marathon
134 days until the Marathon


No comments:

Post a Comment