Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 4

Oh my gosh! My shoes came today (right on time... thanks, Zappos!) and I looooove them! They are a whole lot brighter than I realized - like hot pink bright. I kind of gasped a little when I opened the box, but I kind of love that they are shoes that refuse to be ignored.

Today was a Turbo Jam day. I just finished my workout like 10 minutes ago. I swear, I don't know how just a 20 minute Turbo Jam session can make me sweat more than a run... I'm even inside! Oh well. My heart certainly enjoys it.

I registered for a 5K today. More specifically, I registered for the 3rd Annual Clermont Cupcake Challenge. Yeah. I couldn't really pass up anything with that name. Plus, you get a long sleeved shirt and I love those exponentially more than short sleeved race t-shirts. Aaaand, I'm assuming it has a cupcake on it. AND you get a cupcake when you finish. BONUS. The registration fee was only $15 as well. It's kind of a long drive for me, but let's be real. I wasn't going to turn down this race.

I'm only 4 days into training, but my body feels great so far. Mild soreness, of course, but nothing that feels like my body is wanting me to stop. I actually love when my legs have a low level of soreness to them. I feel accomplished. My knees feel great as well, which is encouraging. My left knee was angry after the marathon, but I think that it was because I was severely undertrained. As long as I continue taking training slowly, I think it's going to stay happy with me.

Time to go read more marathon/half marathon Disney World trip reports. Yeah, I said it.

22 days until the 5K
91 days until the Half Marathon
135 days until the Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment